Avanti, 3rd Floor, South Block, 35 Carl Cronje Drive, 7530 Cape Town, South Africa
Posted 09 November 2021
Devmark Property Group is an Award-Winning property development company, that specializes in Retirement, Residential & Commercial Development.
We are looking for a Construction Manager that is a team player to join our dynamic team.
- Manage site & individual contracts from start to finish, with the interaction from sub-contractors and management of sub-ordinates.
- Planning, organizing, directing, supervising and evaluating construction projects from start to finish according to schedule, specifications and budget.
- Managing the procurement process, developing and implementing quality control programs, ensure OHS procedures are adhered to, manage contract administrations and be well versed with JBCC principal building agreements
KEY PERFORMANCE AREA 1: PRE – IMPLEMENTATION
- Ensure all designs and documentation is completed and ready for implementation.
- Interrogate information i.e. construction drawings to ensure sufficient detail and required specifications is annotated
- Plan and program works execution according to specification and baseline program.
- Plan and program all resource requirements i.e. Subcontractors and materials.
- Plan and program materials.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREA 2: WORKS EXECUTION
- Involved in the procurement of sub-contractors for works execution according to scope of works, price and program.
- Monitor, control and coordinate all works, sub-contractors and resource allocations on site within allocated budgets assisted by your supervisory and administrative staff.
- Set-up control measures, institute and manage said for SHE Requirements on site.
- Communicate constantly with Contracts Manager and support staff.
KEY PERFOMANCE AREA 3: QUALITY CONTROL
- Ensure compliance to NHBRC requirements, and other statutory construction requirements.
- Ensure compliance to project specifications as formulated by professional team.
- Ensure all materials delivered to site are of the required quality.
- Ensure subcontracts work is signed off in accordance with the expected quality and standard.
- Manage suppliers to replace, rectify and service their products and/or be accountable for costs incurred.
- Ensure supervisory and administrative staff does continuous quality checks and complete quality control sheets.
- Ensure professional team and appointed competent persons do inspections and certify that for which they were appointed.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREA 4: PROJECT PROGRESS AND REPORTING
- Measure progress constantly assisted by support staff.
- Maintain project program and update, and devise remedial measures to rectify or adjust program.
- Attend all meetings related to the project you have been assigned to.
- With input from site staff produce and keep:
- Daily Work Diary;
- Fortnightly report
- Progress Report. (As agreed with Contracts Manager during site hand over.)
- Material on Site Report. (As agreed with Contracts Manager during site hand over.)
- Assist Quantity Surveyor with Bi-weekly and monthly measures and verify sub-contractor payments according to progress and completed handed-over milestones/progress reports.
- Assist Quantity Surveyor with Bi-weekly Payment Certificate and approve accordingly.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREA 5: SITE MANAGEMENT AND HOUSEKEEPING
- Set-up and monitor access control and security to the site.
- Set-up and monitor time keeping controls for all Devmark Construction employees assigned to your site.
- Set-up and monitor all plant and equipment assigned to the site.
- Set-up, monitor and control material deliveries to site, the use thereof and the wastage controls.
- At all times ensure a safe, neat, clean, disciplined and well organized site.
- At all times promote Devmark Construction and represent the company to everyone visiting your site.
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
- B.Sc. Construction Management/ B.Tech Construction Management
- B.Eng Civil Engineering/ B.Tech Civil Engineering
- Previous Construction experience is a requirement
- Market-related salary to be discussed with potential candidates based on experience.
- Should you feel you meet the requirements or require more information, kindly submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications close on the 19th of November 2021. Should you not receive feedback by the 3rd of December 2021, kindly note that your application has been unsuccessful.